Craneworks is an exciting project to transform the beautiful but derelict Stothert & Pitt factory buildings on the Lower Bristol Road into a world-class Centre for Invention. This centre will be an inspirational place to learn, make and work, where people of all ages and backgrounds can turn their ideas into reality. It will provide everyone, especially young people, with the combination of creative, technical & practical skills they need to succeed in the workplace of the future.
Craneworks will include:
- High-tech and traditional ‘dirty’ making spaces
– Two cinema screens and digital-making studios
– Art and design exhibition spaces
– State-of-the-art conference and ‘show and tell’ facilities
– Great places to eat, drink and socialise
– A workspace hub for small & medium sized creative, digital & tech businesses, housing 350+ jobs (worth over £25 million a year in GVA to the local economy).
Craneworks will ensure that South Quays becomes an iconic destination, attracting national profile and inward investment for the development of the wider area. It will respect, celebrate and interpret the industrial heritage of the listed buildings, secure public access to them for the community, and create a long-term legacy of inventiveness, economic vitality and employment for future generations of local people.
Craneworks is a Community Interest Company that is committed to being open & inclusive and will use its profits and assets for the public good. It is brought to you by a large group of experienced and entrepreneurial Bath people who want something extraordinary to happen in these buildings for the long term benefit of the whole community.